Our 1st Year

The summary of our first year in Africa, what it’s like to pack up and move across the world, orientation, culture shock, what it’s like to live here, and the ministries we are involved in.

22 Comments

1. Great video, Andy. I loved it. Give the kids hugs and kisses for me.

2. Thanks for sharing about Africa. Your video is fantastic & I really enjoyed watching about your lives there. You all are still in our prayers!

3. All of you are such an inspiration. It’s incredible the lives you are touching and influencing. We wish you all the best and thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

4. I loved the video. It is fun to see your faces and to hear more stories of how God has been working in and through you over the past year! Love ya!

5. Good morning, Andy and Lesa and family! What a joy to get on line this morning and see your videos! I felt like I had sat down with you all and had a cup of tea. I miss you all and your videos brought tears to my eyes. How proud we are of you all and how you are allowing God to use you–bringing a lost soul to Him, what a thrill! Much rejoicing in heaven when a lost sinner comes home. I will try to do better at writing to you–I can only imagine how lonesome you must get at times for family and friends. We love you and will be more diligent at praying faithfully for you as we are more aware of your needs and your work. Praise God for all that is happening there in Kenya! Keep pressing on.

6. Good morning Andy, Lesa and family! What a thrill to watch your videos this morning–like sitting down with you for a cup of tea. We love you and pray for you–will do so more faithfully. Praise God for all He is doing there in Kenya. Keep pressing on!

7. What a blessing to be able to see your beautiful family and the amazing way you have adapted to life there. GOD BLESS YOU ALL and the people you are touching for Him!

8. Great video! I praise the Lord for your work there, and I’m rejoicing that He has shown His goodness toward you all. The smiles on your faces tell of His marvelous grace! We’re praying that He will continue to sustain you and continue to bless your efforts there.

9. Oh my…your video is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with all of us. We love you guys!

10. Thanks so much for showing us your lives and ministry! This was wonderful! love you all!

11. So great to see you! Can you do one of these like um, every week? Great video Andy – it does really help connect us with the work your family is doing. I know it is hard, but it looks like you are doing great!

12. I am so in love with you guys!!! Thank you for the video! It’s actually the first one that I’ve been able to play. No problems at all with that. And to see your eyes, and hear your voices….it was so special. Andy, you look better than you did in college, buddy! And the work the Lord is doing in and through you, I am so honored to call you my friend. Lesa, sister, beautiful as ever, you always go back to the short cuts, don’t you? It looks great.
    Can you guys possibly create better looking kids? Seriously, to see how they’re growing and getting more beautiful…
    Lesa, we’ve talked about it already, but I’m so thrilled for you and the way the little seeds in your heart from 13-14 years ago or so, are being brought to fruition. I love you.
    By the way, I’m doing REALLY well. !!!!
    The video is so professional, gorgeous, creative, interesting, …way to go.

13. Love the video. We love you!

14. Tears in my eyes as I see your beautiful faces and hear your amazing stories of the journey thus far. THANK YOU for doing this video! It is incredible to hear of the ways God has worked through you this past year. Just think what year 2 will bring! Wow!
    We love and miss you all – sure wish traveling around this continent of ours was a little easier. Maybe one day… Much love from Egypt :)

15. Greetings from South Riding DCC!
    Great video… I love the see-saw cam!
    You guys help me to contemplate and act on Gods desire.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you as always.
    Looking for a job right now… Any openings over there?

16. I told Becky to make sure she watched your video and she did–with Hannah, too. They also enjoyed it. Thank you for allowing us into your lives! We love you and miss you.

17. Hey Y’all, it was great to watch your video – ain’t technology great! It was really wonderful hearing from the kids and seeing the countryside and all. Well done!

Near the end of the video, Andy made a statement about how God uses us in ways we’re not necessarily gifted and equips us to do so. Joyce Weaver and I are leading a women’s discipleship class on GraceNights (1st & 3rd Wednesdays) and I would love to use that clip in our class. Is it possible to download the video or a portion of it to one’s computer?

Praying for you all.

Love and blessings,
    anne
    Romans 12:12

18. Thanks for posting this. Well done. Man, I miss you guys. Love you!!!

19. Greetings from some other AIM Browns in Mwanza, Tanzania. My brother Curtis gave me the link to your video. Too bad out internet is too slow to see it well here. Maybe some day we’ll meet in person now that Kenya and TZ are in the same region. Blessings, Marc.

20. Thank you for sending this out Brown family. I thought of you today as I read news about giant hailstones in Nairobi! Lesa, I know you are touching many–I fondly remember how we worked together with the Katrina effort (?), then as I saw the kiddos I was thinking wow I babysat them–I was so touched Lesa that you are encouraging and inspiriing women across the globe especially the missionaries!
    And Andy with your gentle and meek spirit–how you described your relationship with Mohammed–let us shout out to God with a voice of triumph!! You all are in my prayers; I love you guys–you have a special place in my heart! God bless you!!!!!! Kathy

21. Hi Andy and Lesa-

WOW- this was great!!!! I am here in Pearl River heading back out to Sudan tomorrow! So exciting to see how God has been working in your lives these last months since I saw you at ABO. Hopefully I will be through sometime soon!

God bless-Tara

22. I so enjoyed watching your video. In less than three weeks our daughter, Kate, will be arriving to work with the on-field media team. What a great adventure she has ahead of her. This video was a blessing to me…to see your mission field and hear about it. Thank you so much for posting this. We will be praying for your family. If we don’t meet you in Kenya (we plan to visit this summer) perhaps when you’ve returned to VA we can meet you as we live in Fairfax county. May God bless your time in Africa as you share His good news.
    Deshua